Client Support Support Center

Contact Us

What to do when a candidate disputes information?

If the candidate does dispute information in their background check results, then the company that ran the check and the data vendor must reinvestigate all the information the candidate dispute.

If the investigation finds that the information is incorrect, the background check company must give the candidate a copy of the corrected report.

An employer can only legally send the candidate a final notice of adverse action after providing the pre-adverse action notice, complying with the waiting period applicable to them, and providing a final adverse action notice.

Please note that various states and/or municipalities may have additional requirements for adverse action. We recommend consulting with your legal counsel if you have questions regarding adverse action requirements in your jurisdiction.